Sunday 20 January 2013

20/1/13 – NFL Semi Finals

It was a warm day today at 10 degrees, so Peter went for a bike ride in Central Park this morning. Snow and -8/-9 degrees is predicted for the next few days, so I will not be bike riding err…until I buy a helmet. By 12 noon, we were visiting the thrift shop I found yesterday on 3rd Avenue and discover that today was a 50% off sale day. Have I died and gone to heaven? This place is a virtual treasure trove of designer goods at bargain prices. One of the things I tried on, but didn’t buy, was a Christian Dior fox ¾ coat for only $1000 – turns out I was struggling to convince Peter that I could wear it on the side line at the next Nedlands game. But I did manage to put in my bag an Armani jacket ($125), a lilac Ralph Lauren cashmere jumper ($20), a fur collared knee length leather coat ($100), and the shoes, oh the shoes……2 pairs Manolo Blahnik (flats $45 and ankle boots $70), black Italian patent loafers ($25) and black Italian evening shoes with a heel ($40). Peter managed to find a very nice pin striped suit for $25, so he was happy! I would hereby like to thank the rich people of NYC for their additions to my/our wardrobe.
By the time I had finished trying on all of the shoes, Peter had snuck into the bar next door and was watching the epic battle between Djokovic and Wawrinka. What a game! We then picked up some supplies and went home to watch the other big games on today – NFL semi-finals – San Francisco 49ers v Atlanta Falcons and the Patriots v the Ravens. Great can’t wait – 8 hours of beer and nuts!
President Obama was inaugurated today in a private ceremony. The constitution mandates that the new President’s term should always commence on the 20th of January but it is a Sunday today so they have done the deed as required but will hold the public ceremony tomorrow which interestingly coincides with the public holiday for Martin Luther King III Jnr’s birthday. Lots of red, blue and white all round then!

No comments:

Post a Comment