Friday 18 January 2013

16/1/13 – A stroll down memory lane

Today NYC had early snow followed by rain for the rest of the day so we had no big incentive to go out today. I have managed to give Peter my cold so I tucked him up in bed and set about re-establishing my iTunes account. Unfortunately my laptop was stolen two day before I left school, so I have been without music on this trip as the fifty CDs I had loaded were only stored on the C drive and so are lost to me until I am able to get back to school and reload them. (I am told that one can now get ‘iTunes Match’ to avoid this problem in the future but it doesn’t help me now.)

So what was listed as a job for a rainy day turned out to be good fun. I had a great time strolling down memory lane as I played all of the little sample versions in the iTunes store of Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, David Bowie, Cher, Marvin Gaye, Bob Marley, Cold Chisel, Ella Fitzgerald, The Three Tenors, Les Miserables and a few others that I might be embarrassed to reveal just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment