Friday 18 January 2013

17/1/13 - Lincoln

Went to the gym again and decided that I should have included florists shops in my tally of the most prevalent businesses in York Avenue.  These people not only love their dogs – they also love their flowers – perhaps to mask the smell of the dogs – who knows!  I had a great time once again working out to the fantastic views of the East River and the Tri-Borough Bridge. Still pinching myself that I’m living in NYC!
By the time I got back from the gym it was 1pm and Peter and Cameron were just waking up and were, of course, ravenous (it is their natural state). So they were very grateful to learn that I had brought back a selection of ‘Bagel  Bob’s’ finest bagels for lunch. Their pumpernickel bagel with cream cheese, tomato, onion and lox (salmon) is my particular favourite. That evening Peter and I rugged up and set off to see Daniel Day Lewis and Sally Fields in the movie ‘Lincoln’. Great movie – I hope they and it does well at the Oscars.    

No comments:

Post a Comment