Monday 4 February 2013

28/1/13 – Corn Starch

Arose at a respectable time (ie just before 12 noon) and set off for the Gym. I spent the rest of the day doing errands and food shopping. I am trying, not too successfully, to readjust to the ‘do your own shopping and cooking’ routine. It is something I will have to learn to do again during my time over here because when I get home I will not be in the Wesley BH any longer!
I have a hypothesis on why so many Americans are overweight….corn starch….this stuff is everywhere…. it is in sweet foods, savoury foods, medicines and packaging not to mention biofuels….must look into this more and see how it affects our health. My cab driver the other day was telling me that the whole centre of the USA is filled with ‘Mormons and cornfields’!  So all that income from corn starch might explain why Nebraska will shortly be getting an NFL team … all those College Cornhuskers have to have somewhere to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment